Friday, December 22, 2006

Post Dated Checks Bug

Last month I have found a small bug in Navision Post Dated Checks function.
My client is using Navision 4.0 SP1 MY version and the problem is actually when user try to cancel PD Checks from Cash Receipt Journal, Navision will always delete first line in journal no matter which line you want to cancel.

I will illustrate it below:

1. User transfer 3Post Dated Check entries in "Post Dated Checks-Sales" to "Cash Journal".


2. I will cancel PD Check 1002 of Customer John Haddock Insurance (line 2 in journal).


3. After I cancel it, you can see Line 1 of Cheque 1001 of Canon Group have been deleted instead of Line 2 PD Check 1002 of Customer John Haddock Insurance.


This minor is due a bug in Codeunit PostDatedCheckMgt --> CancelCheck Function.
The code that give problem is:
The code FIND ('-') , will cause Navision to alway delete the first line. So what we can do here is to change FIND ('-') to FIND ('=').

Cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes this is also still a problem in v5.0 SP1.

Thankyou for pointing out this problem in 4.0 SP1.

Have a nice day.

Kris Manché
dbits.com.au

Anonymous said...

Ya its now working perfect dear..........thnx..........

daspeac said...

I have heard about another mssql repair consistency software. Besides, you can visit my blogs at: http://daspeac.livejournal.com/ or http://daspeac.blogspot.com/ where I’m trying to share my experience with regard to data corruption issues